Kawasan Falls is a Three staged falls located in Badian, Cebu. Kawasan is one of the Famous Falls in Cebu and a must visit for Locals and Foreigners. It’s about a 3 hours bus ride from Cebu South Bus Terminal and a 25-30 Minutes walk from the Main Entrance to reach the First stage of the Falls.
If it’s Peak Season, I’m sure the First stage and Second stage is Full packed! Luckily, since we went there on a weekday (Early in the morning) there we’re a few people at that time. There are Cottages and Rafts offered in the First and Second Stage. Only cottages are offered in the Third Stage.
You need to be careful while trekking to the Second Stage & Third Stage because it is Slippery while going up. There are two Stores at the second stage that offers Meals and sells Grocery’s (a Sari-sari store). Prices there are costly. If you are a budget traveler, bring enough food and water instead 🙂
The third falls is like a Dam. You can also find a Swing where you just need to pay 10Php for an Unlimited use of it. Amazing right?! It was really scaryyyy at first but it was FUN!! Annnnd that was really the highlight of my Kawasan Adventure because I enjoyed a lot. I also screamed sooo loud. HAHAHAHA
HOW TO GET THERE?
Go to Cebu South Bus Terminal and look for Oslob via Barili Bus. Please do take note because you might get into the opposite side of Cebu.
TIP: It would be better if you bring your Student I.D to avail a discount on the Bus Fare.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Mind you from the Entrance going to the First stage and up to the Third Stage of the falls, you need water to keep you going.
- It has a tight space on the first stage so if you want a peaceful surroundings, I suggest you proceed on the Second or Third stage.
- Food & Water in Kawasan is Costly 😦 Bring your own if you have a tight Budget.
- Going up to the Second and Third Stage has a NARROW ROAD and it is SLIPPERY.
- You can charge your gadgets on the First stage and Second stage you just need to pay for 40Php 🙂
- The C.R in the first stage and second stage is CLEAN and WELL MAINTAINED!!! (I don’t know if the Comfort Rooms are still clean on Peak Seasons 😦 )
- Rent a Life Jacket on the First stage because you can Bring it on the Second and Third Stage. Life Jackets that are rented on the Third stage cannot be brought on the Second and First stage.
- You can sleep there Overnight since they also have rooms with Electric Fan or Aircon where you can rent.
- Along the way, you can spot a Souvenir Shop. I checked the price personally and it’s cheap! You may buy some when you head back to the city.
- You can rent a GO PRO in there too! 😀 I haven’t checked the price, but you can ask them since you can see it along the way.
- The falls is SECRETLY DEEP.
- It’s more fun at the Third Stage (FOR ME)
- Flying drones are allowed in there. You just have to ask permission properly. (When we went there, I saw someone who’s flying drone to get an Aerial shot of the Second stage. I think it’s okay)
BREAKDOWN OF EXPENSES
- 150Php for food (Each person)
- 234Php for BUS FARE (Back and Fourth//Student Fare)
- 50Php for Fare from Lambug Beach to Kawasan (Tricycle)
- 20Php Entrance Fee to Kawasan
- 50Php Fare from Kawasan to Moalboal (Tricycle)
- 80Php For Charging my device
- 50Php For 1L of Nature Spring Water
A TOTAL OF 634PHP 😀
You may visit Lambug Beach in Badian. Lambug Beach is a Public Beach with White Sand and a Crystal Clear Sea Water 😀 We had our Overnight stay at Lambug with our Tents with no Fee. Others asks you a fee of 200Php. You just have to look for a spot where no one asks you a fee. Don’t worry, Lambug is Safe 🙂
Thanks to Garel Sison & Sephora for letting me borrow the Pictures they took during our Kawasan Adventure!! ❤ Kamsahamnida!! ❤ ❤
Garel Sison does accept Photo shoots. You may contact him through Facebook.