*UPDATE FOR OUR PALAWAN TRIP:
We re booked our flight to November instead of flying to Palawan this August 05 because of work and school.
I am very excited for this trip knowing that I could visit my Ultimate Dream Destination in the Philippines, PALAWAN. We all know that traveling to Palawan is not as cheap as we wanted it to be. So I decided to take on a 7k Budget challenge for our Palawan trip. We booked a flight for Puerto Princesa 5 Months before the travel date so we have enough time to save. 😀
In order to save, we decided to D.I.Y. our trip and take on the 7k Palwan Budget Challenge for Two Persons.
MECHANICS OF THE CHALLENGE:
1. The Airline ticket is not included in the 7K budget challenge.
2. All activities (Ex: Island Hopping, Underground River) that we will be doing in Palawan Island is included in the 7K Challenge.
3. Food, Accommodation & Transportation is included in the 7K Challenge.
4. Look for the cheapest possible Accommodation, Food, Island Activities, Transportation in El Nido and Puerto Princesa.
5. D.I.Y. our Activites so we can save money.
6. List down all our Expenses during the trip.
7. UPDATE this Blog post after the trip.
Day 0 (Actually, the day doesn’t start here since we will be arriving in the Evening)
Arrive at Puerto Princesa International Airport
Look for a Place to stay
Enjoy Puerto Princesa at Night
Visit Puerto Princesa Underground River
Travel to El Nido
Island Hopping in El Nido
Enjoy El Nido
Enjoy the Rest of El Nido
Travel Back to Puerto Princesa
Day 04 (Our flight will be in the Evening)
Puerto Princesa City Tour
Get ready for our flight back to Cebu
We scored a Cheap flight in AirAsia for 1996/pax Roundtrip. (Total Airfare: 3596 + Processing fee: 336 | I paid for a Processing fee because I paid through Cebuana Pawnshop. )
Accommodation- Minimum of 500Php – Maximum of 700Php per day
- For 3 days (600Php x 3 = 1,800/2 ) = 900 Each
- Puerto Princesa City Tour = 300 Each
- Underground River Palawan = 1,500 Each
- Bus Fare from Puerto Princesa to El Nido= 480 (A/C Bus) x 2 (Round trip) = 960 Each
- Island Hopping Tour A&C = 1,000 Each
Total Expenses without Food, Complete Transportation Expenses, & Entrance Fees is 4,660 Php. We still have 2,340 Php left.
NOTE: All amounts posted is not the final price yet (Except for the Air Tixx)